NPO Shippai Gakkai, is a Non-profit organization with the
English name "Association for the Study of Failure."
The Tokyo prefecture government has accepted its
application and the association will be established in
Its purpose is stated as follows:
The human act of production is always accompanied with accidents and
failures. These events include tedious ones to those that lead to economic
loss, injury, or even large catastrophic ones that include even death. The
Study of Failure identifies the cause of these accidents and failures, it further
offers ways to prevent such accidents and failures that cause economic loss
The NPO, Association for the Study of Failure conducts business to identify
causes of and prevent failures for the general public, and brings benefit to the
society. For these purposes, it conducts the following non-profitable activities
for the promotion of social education.
The non-profit business activities include:
1. Identifying the cause of failures, accidents, and disasters that cause loss to the society,
corporations, and individuals.
2. Developing methods to prevent such failures, accidents, and disasters.
3. Reforming the awareness of people about failure by spreading how to think about and recognize
failure, and how to turn failure experience into knowledge at the society, corporation
and individual levels.
4. Educating the general public about the above methods.
5. Organizing conferences for reporting research results.
6. Sales of publication including journals about the "Study of Failure."
7. Providing consultation about "Failure" to the society, corporation, and
For information, contact, SYDROSE LP (firstname.lastname@example.org, 408.298.0785)